Before I show you everything that’s in the course, can I tell you a quick story?
The original founder of BeYourOwnIT.com, Jeremy, started repairing computers as a hobby at age 15. After he graduated high school he got a job at a local computer repair shop and became a very good technician there.
The computer repair shop became very popular because of their friendly customer service and fast turn-around time, so the company grew and hired more technicians like Jeremy. However, they were pretty new to computer repair so someone needed to train them.
To be honest with you, training and re-training every new employee gets tedious and can be a little frustrating. Not because he didn’t like helping people – quite the opposite – he loved helping people – that’s why he launched this website in 2008. But it was difficult explaining things over and over again to the new people. There had to be a better way.
That’s when a light bulb went off and Jeremy had his first ah-ha! moment. He started creating videos to show the new technicians how to do computer repair. It allowed the new technicians to learn at their own pace. They could reference the videos any time they had a question. And it allowed Jeremy more time to interact with our customers, which he really liked.
Training employees through videos worked so well that the time they spent diagnosing and fixing problems for customers was cut in half!
It wasn’t long until he thought to himself, “Why just teach a few people at the local repair shop when I can teach the WHOLE WORLD with my videos?!”
And he did just that. With the help of myself (Ty) and my amazing team, we put together and incredibly easy-to-follow, hands-on video series teaching you how to fix computers. I’m confident you’ll be blown away by the depth of coverage, the HD quality, audio, and a Written Guide that easily stands on it’s own (it used to be a small bonus when you bought the course but now it’s been transformed into being a huge part of the course).
And here it is…
Computer Repair Mastery Course (Online Video & PDFs)
Over 8 hours of hands-on training in 20 online videos (stream them from any device or download them to your PC)
- Section One – Getting Started
- Safety: Learn how to safely work on a computer so you don’t break the computer or worse, hurt yourself
- Data Backup: Learn several ways to backup your data, which should be done often
- Hardware Identification: Identify all of the components and how they interact with your PC
- PC Cleaning: Learn how to clean your computer correctly to prolong the life of the components
- Section Two – Hardware Diagnosis & Replacement
- Diagnostics CD: Learn how to use a diagnostic CD to run tests on your hard drive, RAM, and a lot more
- Replace Hardware: Learn how to remove and install the hardware components in your computer
- Section Three – Software Problems and Solutions
- Virus Removal: Learn how to remove virus infections with various tools and resources
- File Recovery: How to recover files from a computer that won’t boot up or that have been overwritten/partially deleted
- Windows® Utilities: Learn how to use Windows Utilities to repair your computer
- System Utilities: Learn how to use tools built into Windows to repair broken operating system installations.
- Factory Restore: Learn how to use factory restore to re-install windows on major brand computers
- Unwanted Program Removal: Learn how to get rid of annoying toolbars and junk programs that often mistakenly get installed on computers
- Junk File Removal: Learn how to remove temporary and junk files
- Software Updates: Learn how to update software that’s most often targeted by malware vendors to protect you.
- Section Four – Install and Configure Windows Operating System
- Windows® Installation: Learn how to install a new copy of Windows from a disc
- Drivers Installation: Learn how to install the drivers for your computer hardware after a fresh Windows install
- Internet Setup: Learn how to setup and configure internet on a computer
- Software Installation: Learn what users expect of a computer and the software we can use to meet the expectations.
- Section Five – Optimize User Experience
- Windows® Update: Learn how to install Windows service packs and updates, which are very important for system security
- User Account Customization: Setup user accounts and configure settings and passwords